HARRISBURG, PA — The Center for Dairy Excellence will host six mealtime meetings across Pennsylvania to collect feedback and input on resources to direct the future of Pennsylvania’s dairy industry. The Center invites dairy farmers and small industry groups to participate in an informal discussion about dairy profitability and associated topics.
“With milk prices remaining low, this is an opportunity for dairy farmers to network together and gain insight to strengthen their business going forward,” said Jayne Sebright, executive director of the Center for Dairy Excellence. “We want to hear from, and have a conversation with, dairy farmers on needed resources and how the Center can provide support for a viable dairy industry in Pennsylvania.”
Dairy farmer participants are invited to prepare topics which they would like to discuss, from business planning to dairy policy. Center staff members will be joined by representatives from American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) and agents with the Penn State Extension Dairy Team, who will speak to current trends and topics in Pennsylvania’s dairy industry.
Meetings will be hosted on the following dates:
- Dec. 9, 12 noon, Shady Maple, 129 Toddy Drive, East Earl, PA.
- Dec. 13, 11:30 a.m., Hoss’s Steak and Sea House, 110 Patchway Road, Duncansville, PA.
- Dec. 13, 7 p.m., Hoss’s Steak and Sea House, 18817 Smock Hwy, Meadville, PA.
- Dec. 15, 8:30 a.m., AgChoice Farm Credit, 450 West Branch Hwy,Lewisburg, PA.
- Dec. 15, 12:30 p.m., Riverstone Inn, 47 Leisure Drive (Route 6),Towanda, PA.
- Dec. 16, 12 noon, Hoss’s Steak and Sea House, 1151 Harrisburg Pike,Carlisle, PA.
Pre-registration is requested by Monday, Dec. 5. Meals are provided for up to three participants per dairy farm, group or business courtesy of the Center for Dairy Excellence. To register, call 717-346-0849 or visit the “Programs and Events” tab on centerfordairyexcellence.org .