The New York State Agricultural Society improves our state’s agriculture through education, leadership development, and recognition programs. The deadline for awards is nearing and the Ag Society wants your inputs:
• Does your farm have a planned and meaningful Farm Safety program to prevent injuries, reduce down-time and, more importantly, save lives?
• Which Journalists are doing an accurate and positive job reporting on agriculture in your area?
• Got Bicentennial or Century Farms? Which families in the Eastern Half of New York State have continuously operated their farms for 100 years, 200 years, or more?
• What farms and other agricultural businesses in your area demonstrate quality, leadership and innovation — deserving Business of the Year recognition?
• Which individual or group has made a significant effort to improve the understanding of New York agriculture to earn this year’s Ag Promotion Award?
• Who would YOU nominate for the Ag Society’s highest honor?— the Distinguished Service Citation… someone who has dedicated his or her life’s work to New York agriculture.
If you’d like to apply, or nominate someone else deserving of recognition, visit the New York State Agricultural Society’s website: www.nysagsociety.org for details. The Ag Society thanks the generous sponsors who make these programs possible; the deadline for all awards is Sept. 1.
The New York State Agricultural Society has been strengthening New York agriculture since 1832. For more information, or to join the Ag Society visit www.nysagsociety.org or contact Penny Heritage, at email@example.com , 518-384-1715.